This July is filled with milestones for me. My little one turns two, my husband turns 40 and my marriage turns 10. All of those things deserve more focus and attention than I would be able to give if I were still reading and reviewing full time. So I’m taking a little summer vacation and will be back in August with some great summer reads for you – books set during summer so that you can properly soak up every last drop of it before fall.
No new books does not mean no new content. I’ll still be sharing my thoughts throughout this month, both here and on Twitter. I have some definite ideas about the direction I want to be heading in the future and I want to tell you all about it. I’ll also be compiling some handy lists and doing some general blog-keeping.
But I want to hear from you, too! Those of you who follow my blog know that I review books on a specific theme or genre each month. So tell me what you are interested in seeing reviewed?
- A specific theme or genre that you’ve been waiting for?
- Newbery winners? Other award winners? A selection of years or just the current ones?
- Any other books recommended by a specific library, book review or similar resource (include a link if you’d like to have me run down a specific list!)
- Doubtless, WE NEED DIVERSE BOOKS! Have a specific type of diverse book you’re longing for?
- A specific book or series?
- A favorite author?
- Childhood favorites or classics you’ve been waiting to share with your own children? Ramona? Anne of Green Gables? Wrinkle in Time? Hardy Boys?
- More teacher commentary? Advanced chapter books for 3-4 graders? Below level books with sufficient interest for middle grades readers?
Or anything else your heart desires. Just let me know. I can’t promise that I will be able to meet all requests, but I really value your input, so let me know!